Friday, April 25, 2008

Omg! Lia? Gives Back

So last weekend (the weekend I was out of town) was the local chapter of the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life event. Basically what it is is an overnight relay (walking/running for 24 hours) to fundraise money for cancer research. Well my friend Zilin was organizing the team here and she wanted to set up a table to sell some handmade items to raise additional money, and came to me. I of course said yes and gave her incredibly good deals on all of my jewelry for her to mark up (we're talking 70% discounts here, people!) Well she says it was a total success and all of my earrings except for 3 pairs sold!! I can now officially say that my crafting has helped the greater good. I'm glad I could help them raise money!

1 comment:

John said...

You have been nominated for a blog award ! The Arte y Pico award, which is given to people who share their art and creativity through contributions to the blogging world.

Here are the rules for the award:

1. You pick five blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contribute to the blogging community, no matter what language.

2. List the names of the people you chose to receive the award on your blog and link to their blogs. Then go comment on one of their posts to notify them that you have given them this award and link to the post on your blog.

3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name of the person who gave them the award and link to their blog.

4. The Award-winner and the one who has given the award have to show the link to the Arte y Pico blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award (it's in Spanish, but you can translate it).

http://artsychaos.blogspot.com/
2008/04/what-day-andor-days.html (remove space in the address)